A while ago I installed a WordPress Plugin, which I was using with another installation before. After activating the plugin nothing in my WordPress seemed to work the way it had been working before. Or in other words: all I saw was a white browser-screen 🙁
“So, keep calm…”, I thought to myself. Then I decided to manually deactivate the WordPress plugin. And this is the way I did it:
- First I connected to my Website with my FTP-client.
- I changed to my wp-content/plugins directory.
- I renamed the directory, in which the plugin was stored.
- Then I called my Website again.
- DONE! My WordPress installation seemed to work proper again.
By renaming the directory, WordPress wasn’t able to find the plugin anymore and deactivated it automatically.